Thursday, October 30, 2008

Umemployment is a distant memory

So unemployment didn't last long. My last shift at the theater (that I worked) was Wednesday. Earlier today I went to my new job orientation. I hope this job is going to as ideal as it seems in my head. Flexible hours, reasonable pay and best off all the perks of a school district job. No nights, weekends or holidays. And best of all no summers (unless I want to). I was just hired as a tutor for the Native American students in the Davis school district. I am nervous and excited. I haven't really had a new job in like ten years. The theater was always my life. Now I can move on. Quitting the theater has been bittersweet. I miss it already but I love being with Aidan. My goal is to get my family on a normal regular routine. Last night Aidan went to bed at 9PM (he woke up for about an hour at midnight) but then slept until 930 AM. We are well on our way to a regular wonderful schedule. So that is all for now. Give me some time and I will let you know more about my new adventures in the school district.

Also sorry if I am doing this too much (blogging). I think I am addicted!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job. Hope it all works out the way you want it to. love ya

Steven and Megan said...

Hooray!!! Good for you Katie! I hope that it works out really well for you :)

Don Woods said...

cool you got it.. good luck

Debbie Burns said...

Wow! How did you find that job? Sounds great! I am so excited for you (and Aidan. Sounds like he is adjusting well to the new schedule.)

KatieLarson said...

My mom-in-law works for the district and she found it on their website. They are still hiring tutors if anyone is interested.