Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Account of Vegas Wedding Weekend Extravaganza!!

Wow! What a weekend! On Saturday morning I was getting ready to go and take a test and go vote early when I received a phone call from Harrison. He said I need you to come down to St. George now. I said why? Is everything okay? He said yes just he and Jordan had decided to run away and elope to Vegas. He said that he would wait for us and do it Sunday afternoon, otherwise they were going to do it Saturday night. After many phone calls and a stressful hour, I managed to find someone to work my last two shifts at the theater and get my test done and everything packed (I still haven't voted). By 3 PM we were off. All day long Aidan knew that something was going on. When we put him in the car seat he got a little concerned. The ride down was quite smooth. We stopped in Farmington for gas and then again in Fillmore. In Fillmore Aidan got to get some wiggles out. Then we got back on the road. We stopped in Beaver for some dinner. Aidan loves his fries. I shared mine with him, but he is already for his own small fry, I don't think I ate but three. So from Beaver to St. George he munched on some fries.

Everyone was waiting for us when we got there about 830 PM. Aidan giggled and played with everyone. He loves the attention. Then off to bed.

On Sunday we all woke up early, 8 AM, to shower and get on the road. Aidan slept most of the way to Vegas, waking up when we stopped at the Valley of Fire. Aunt Jordan gave him his needed attention and was one happy camper the rest of the way. Once in Vegas we drove around town looking for the marriage license bureau. They purchased the license then we went to the MGM and parked the car. We walked around and saw the lions at the MGM and then headed to the food court and got lunch. Grandma shared her ice cream with Aidan and he loved it! After a brief moment to eat we were off to M & M world and the Coke store. Aidan at first liked the M & M store, many colors and people and then he got hungry. Once he was feed he was enjoying all the people he saw. He even was mesmerized by the giant Red M & M that greeted us outside the store. Then we went back to the cars so that we could get Jordan's dress. She is too cute. She just put on the dress right there in the parking garage. That sounds like something I would do! Know wonder I love her to death! Then Brian and I took Aidan in our car to the wedding chapel. The wedding was supposed to start at 4 PM but Harrison and Jordan were married and out of the chapel by 330 PM. Supper quick. Those who were in attendance were the Larson's, the Isenhart/Massie's, Jordan's cousins, Don, Kristin, and Liam, and Don's mom and dad and sister and brother-in-law with their two babies and Don's younger brother. Those who were early for the ceremony and yet late at the same time were Mike and Heidi Lee, and Andy and Toni and their girls. Awesome turn out for a 24 hour notice.

After the ceremony we all went back the the MGM parking garage and visited and chatted. Fun place for a reception, though chairs would have been ideal, we visited for more than an hour. Then the greater part of us headed to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Yummy!!! We had nearly twenty of us eating and the waiter was very efficient, almost to a fault. Even before we order he brougt the babies a small plate of bread and sliced bananas. Awesome idea. Because Aidan was getting hungry. I had a yummy BBQ sandwich and Brian had Chicken Parmigiana. After dinner Don and his family and Andy and his family, and the Isenhart/ Massie's took off for home. The rest of us tried to go to the outlet stores to by shoes for Jordan's cousins. Poor girls, there feet hurt so bad. But the stores were closed. So we headed back to Caesar's to park the cars again and we headed out, by foot and stroller to go to the Treasure Island Show and the Bellagio fountain show. We missed the TI show by mere moments and didn't want to wait 90 minutes for the next one to start so we headed down to the Bellagio. That fountain show is always a delight, I think. Then the Larson's headed back to the car to head back to St. George. Poor Aidan was so tired he didn't want to close his eyes, but all his actions and responses were in slow motion. The drive was smooth and quick, Aidan slept. That night little Aidan slept like a rock!!

On Sunday we woke up about 11AM and relaxed most of the day. Mom called in to work saying we were still here and the ladies were she worked said don't come in, play with the family. Thanks ladies! The mom and I went shopping. I didn't spend too much but I did spend. I spent $23 at a scrapbooking store. I have never spent that much in that type of store...ever! But now I won't need to go to the store for a while. Then we had hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner and headed home. We meant to leave at noon but decided to stay later. Typical for when we go to St. George...

Then the drive home was mellow. Aidan slept all but twenty minutes. He had a long rough weekend of fun. When we got home (at midnight) we had a guest waiting for us...a mouse was in my house!!! Icky icky icky. Aidan saw it the same time I did and took off in full crawling mode to go and find him. I screamed and Brian said we were just seeing things and then he saw it. Icky icky icky. We now have poison under our stove, which is were he ran away too. I don't like surprises like that. Nasty little animals.

Then after we all calmed down we went to bed. Aidan slept like a rock until 1030 AM. What a whirl wind trip. But it sure was fun!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I am so glad you guys made it! Pretty crazy weekend, especially since it started as a friggin joke. I couldnt be happier.
I love spending time with Aidan. He is so much fun. I cant wait til Remi is here. I'm getting so excited. I am so glad the wedding madness is over. You have no idea.
Thanks for everything Katie and Brian. You guys are the best.
And... I LOVE YOU AIDAN!!