Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Train, gun and car museum day

Last Saturday Brian and I decided it would be fun to take Aidan into Ogden and check out the train museum at Union Station. Aidan loved it. The great part was that if you bought tickets to go to the museum it included all three museums. So we visited the train, gun and car museum. Aidan did so well! We managed to walk around for about two hours without a stroller. First we saw some of the trains outside. Aidan loved it. Everything was "OH WOW! Choo Choo." The part that I enjoyed was seeing FrontRunner come through while we were out looking at trains. Aidan really enjoyed that part. Then we went inside and had lunch at the Union Grill. It was an okay restaurant. I had some fish and fries, Aidan had chicken and fries and Brian had gumbo. Yummy! I think I will try and make gumbo at home one day. Here are some pictures of our trip, they are in no particular order.

Aidan sitting on a railroad seat. One game that Aidan and I played was the 'Glued hands' game. He could walk around without holding our hands if he "glued" his hands together (this was to help keep him from touching everything) and it worked.


Railroad crossing sign. I just liked it so I took a picture of it.

Aidan and Brian looking out the window of the caboose.

A fun display of the guns at the Browning gun museum.

Entrance into the car museum. I was delighted to see that they had an old antique Stanley car. I had never heard of it until I watched the movie Cars. Remember the statue of the old car that the crazy lady car refers to as her precious Stanley? Or the statue that scares Lightning McQueen and helps him ruin the highway though Radiator Rapids? Yep I saw the real Stanley. I am not crazy, go watch the movie.
Aidan and Brian sitting inside the caboose. A bit of trivia for everyone. No one knows the origins to the word caboose or why we call the last car of a train a caboose. Cool huh? I kept singing "Little Red Caboose behind the train" for Aidan and he giggled. He loves that song.

Brian holding Aidan up high so that he could get a better look at the engines outside. I love that it became a kind of shadowy/ black and white photo.

Aidan loved the big wheels on the train. Choo Choo!

2 comments:

Suziepackham said...

how fun... you guys are such great parents......

Debbie Burns said...

Love the pics! And I agree with Suz, awesome parents!