Thursday, January 7, 2010

La Bodega in our basement

La Bodega is Spanish for "grocery store"

One of my resolutions for this year was to improve our food storage and keep it up with things like our garden and canning projects. I have already started with our basic can goods. We had a pretty descent sized food storage when we moved into our home. But with Brian having lost his job and being gainfully unemployed for 5 months, we depleted that supply. Now that the money is coming back in, we are taking advantage of the recent case lot sales in the area. Thankfully, both Brian and I have now have an equally strong testimony of the importance of food storage and planning ahead. During his unemployed months our life style didn't have a drastic change, we were more cautious with our spending, but we didn't eat like paupers either. I thought I would share some of our storage for archiving purposes. I do not mean to be boastful or proud. I only want to be able to share my excitement and testimony of having a food storage. If anyone has any helpful suggestions, please post. I am new to this and would welcome any thoughts or additional ideas.



Our freezer in the garage.
During all the case lot sales they are
having SWEET deals on
meats and breads.

I have also become a believer of
making bulk soups and freezing them.
These soups have often been a
welcome relief to busy days.


Not all of this is ours, some is our roommates.
But I do like what I see!

During this last outing, we did splurge on
things like syrup, stock,
tomato soup and tuna fish.
Yummy!

1 comment:

Suziepackham said...

That is awesome.... It's a nice feeling to have food storage. Don't forget the paper storage.... it's yucky to not have TP when you need it. LOL