Friday, February 12, 2010

Aidan's Bedroom


For Aidan's birthday I made him a blanket and a pillow of Thomas the Tank Engine. He loves them. He wants to carry them with him most of the day. So I decided that we should decorate his room accordingly. We haven't painted the walls yet (as soon as that tax money comes in) but soon. I was trying to decide how to add some "flair" to the walls. I have been looking all over online and decided that all of the Thomas the Tank Engine merchandise is either too expensive or ugly or both. So I decided today that I would try and make some "original" art work for his bedroom. I painted the pictures myself using some pictures from the internet as my guide. What do you think? I have an idea for two more pictures that I will do later this weekend.


The blue one is Thomas the Tank Engine and the green one is Percy. My ideas for others include doing a red train, James. And doing some railroad crossing signs similar to the ones below. I hope my novice decorating skills will help to turn Aidan's room into something I (and he) can be proud of having.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute, can't wait to see it

Steven and Megan said...

Very cute! You are doing a great job with all your crafty projects! I'm excited to see the end result of his new room!

Debbie Burns said...

You are simply amazing! The quilt looks fab and I love the pictures! Aidan is one lucky kid to have such and incredible mom!