Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Decorations

So for posterity and the sorts I decided to post this picture of how we decorated this year. I took some other pictures only to realize that they didn't turn out right. And I am too stinking lazy to find the camera and try again. So I will give you the run down. On the front porch we put our carved pumpkins. Next year we wont do them so early...I had never done them before. They are now all moldy and wrinkly...like old grandparent pumpkins. Then I bought six feet of pretty fall leave garland, I cut it in half and realized three feet on each side is NOT a lot. Later we will by a lot more garland. On our wood door we hung the grim reaper noise maker. Virgie gave it to us last year and Aidan LOVES it. Last year (after casually watching Aunt Cherie make some) I made some black yarn spiders. I don't have a lot of talent but they did there job. We hung four of them all over the front porch. One from the glass door handle, one from the covering, and one on each side in between the garland. The mailman told me that the one dangling from the covering scared him as he approached the steps the next day! Fun! Mission accomplished! On our front window we hung up some window clings and some fun pumpkins. We also bought one strand of purple lights. At night time they are really cool looking and Aidan has to look at them every night before bed. We also have my BOO blocks upstairs in the living room and we hung up a skeleton on the living room closet door. Aidan loves that too.

I really enjoy Halloween and I can't wait to slowly build up to the house that my parents had growing up. Full of fun stuff. So many traditions and memories are centered around Halloween, I just hope that my kids enjoy this holiday as much as I do.

4 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

hahaha Grandparent pumpkins :) I like decorating for the holidays too!

Micah Kormylo said...

I agree Halloween is super fun. I love that it is such a children's holiday. Since Brode's first Halloween I hadn't been excited for it for years. But now with kids I totally dig it and want to go crazy.

I love how you have decorated your house! So festive!

Dustin and Kellie said...

How fun! FYI if you spray Lysol disifectant on your pumpkins they mold slower. Our first year doing pumpkins we had the same problem. I think we did ours like 3 1/2-4 weeks before Halloween. We were just so excited! Super fun!

Debbie Burns said...

It looks great! And we can always use grandparent pumpkins. It gives me and idea to carve various pumpkins in stages so I can get a range of looks on the porch... well, if I ever decorate my porch, that is! Anyway, continue to inspire!!! Because that is what you do for me!