Monday, October 12, 2009

Frightmares.....




Aidan enjoying the planes. He really though he was the Red Baron.

Guess what dad...Aidan LOVES BOATS. He has officially entered
his boat phase.

Waiting in line for the
GREATEST, MOST SPECTACULAR RIDE
EVER!

The Cars...he was able to drive them all by himself.
Just like how Grandpa Bob showed him. :)
The best part of this ride being able to
go faster than those walking.
To the left is Ann and her friend Amy.


We have been meaning to take Aidan to Lagoon all season but for whatever reason, it hasn't happened until last Friday. Friday was Pat's birthday and she had to work and it was employee appreciation day. So the greater Larson clan decided to go to Lagoon (inexpensively) and celebrate with Pat. Lorraine was able to get some great cupcakes and flowers for Pat and then we, along with the greater portion of her staff, sang Happy Birthday. She said she was surprised but I think she knew something was up. LOL. The great part of being there for Pat's birthday was that she is the Grounds supervisor, which means she was able to wander around the park with us for quiet sometime. She just periodically checked her areas and would wander off to deal with something important. She was able to help Aidan on some of the rides and he loved that. We all loved that she was able to both things at once.

I also have to acknowledge that this was BY FAR the GREATEST experience I have ever had at Lagoon. I have always gone with my dad's side of the family and growing up that meant at least once a season. I have never enjoyed riding the rides (if I get too dizzy and mess up my bodies equilibrium...a massive bloody nose soon follows...not that fun), I am not really big on the crowds, and especially the heat. I tend to get bloody noses for a number of crazy reasons but two that are most prominent; heat (raising my normally comfortable body temperate and my nose reacts in a bloody nose), and dizziness (the rides screw up that equilibruim....yaddi yaddi ya). I always went when I was younger because I did enjoy those precious few hours with family. But the older I get nothing is worth the embarassment of a gusher. Sorry. Brian on the other hand LOVES his roller coasters. He hasn't been able to go much the last couple of years. Pregnant wife (being pregnant she really wouldn't even consider it) and then having an infant. Well this year I thought about the reasons and the options. Pat's birthday...absolutely necessary that we go. It's grandma Pat's birthday! Trust me if I could have made a trip to St. George for my mom's birthday we would have been there (stupid unemployment, lack of funds issue). And Frightmares is in October. During the school year when it is cooler. Any one else dig my train of thought.

I enjoyed watching the smile and the glee of Aidan. That made my day. Aidan had never been before so everything was fresh and new. Some of the rides made him nervous. When the rides would go in the air, you could visibly see the nervousness on his face. But put him in the car or the boats and he was delighted. He ended up riding the boats something like 10 times in a row and the cars about the same. My favorite was right as the park was winding down (Brian went to go ride the big rides with his sister, we stayed in the little kid area) Aidan just stayed on the cars. At one point he was so tired he got off the ride and ran to get back into line to ride it again. He fell. He hurt his little hands. But I couldn't give him a love until he was in line with the other kids for car time. Funny huh. And then on that same ride he was so tired I noticed that he fell asleep behind the wheel. Mom called it quits at that point. Sorry Aidan. What a fun and eventful night. I had so much fun, that there will be lots more Lagoon going experiences for my family. And I can't wait until Aidan is old enough to go on the rides with his dad. Then I will be forever off the hook!

1 comment:

Steven and Megan said...

how fun!!! Oh i want to take Zoe now! But we will need Aidan there because I don't know if Zoe will stay on the rides if she is by herself...