Monday, October 19, 2009

The great compromise

Today (well yesterday) Brian and I had a breakthrough. We experienced a crucial compromise. As silly as it sounds, a very important compromise to the well being of marriage (just for this week).

Tonight, Monday night, was the game of all games (not really just one that Brian thought was very important to the well being of his beloved Broncos). Just one silly little problem, game starts at 630PM...about the time that we have Family Home Evening begin. So we talked and decided we could make it work this week. We could both do the game and have a good FHE. The awesome thing about Brian being unemployed (yes he still is, so send us information if you know of anything opening up) is that we can do things during the day.

Just after lunch we decided to borrow the idea of hiking around Snowbasin from our friends, the McFaddens. We enjoyed the beautiful drive up Trappers Loop. We drove around the resort (I had never been before) then we decided to walk around a hiking trail. We didn't go far or for very long. But I can say that now I am not afraid to take Aidan. He walked it all by himself. We stopped twice for pictures and drinks (we were gone about 45 minutes). I had so much fun. Here are some of the pictures from our adventure.



Me, documenting that I was actually with them.

Aidan and Brian. Aidan loves to wear his hat like this, silly boy.

My hubby. I love him. Sorry I can't figure out how to rotate this.

Look Mom a little tiny stick!

Trying to get a cute picture of Aidan. This works.

Thanks again to the McFaddens for the idea to go on a hike and take cute pictures.

After this hike we decided to take another minute and drive up to Powder Mountain. I have lived in Utah my entire life and have never been to these resorts (I have never been skiing or snowboarding either). What a nice and relaxing drive. The leaves were beautiful, the weather ideal and the company amazing.

1 comment:

Steven and Megan said...

How fun!!! Isn't it beautiful up there? I like the pictures of you guys!