Monday, September 14, 2009

Rain Rain Rain Whoa!

Today was so much fun for me... and the day isn't even over yet. Aidan and I went and played at the park with Megan, Zoe and Lincoln. Aidan is a little dare devil. He would run around the big toy and then run right off onto a slide and then gravity would make him fall off of his feet onto his bottom and he would slide the rest of the way down the slide. Little stinker. Then after about an hour he decided it was time to go home. He kept saying Go Go. After lunch and a nap....it started to rain. I love the rain. Some of my fondest memories of my dad are when I was little and we would sit on the porch and just relax to the sounds of rain and thunder and watch the lightning. Well Brian, Aidan and I decided to take advantage of our covered patio. Aidan played in the rain and we sat back and relaxed a bit. Listening and enjoying the rain. Another sound that I found delightful was the sound of Aidan after every roll of thunder he would look to the sky and say....whoa....and giggle (because he got rain in his face). I am so happy that Aidan can enjoy the rain and thunder as much as us.

On a side note I ran in the house to start his bath water....mud and a toddler...what fun! I looked out the kitchen window to tell Brian that Aidan could be brought in the house and I noticed a scene that touched my heart. Aidan had moved his little camp chair in front of Brian (also sitting in a camp chair) and they were doing Itsy Bitsy Spider together....and Aidan was just a laughing! How sweet huh!

Any way...I love the rain...bring it on!

2 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

Thanks for going to the park with us :) We love the rain too! It is Steven's favorite weather i think. It's sweet that Brian and Aidan were singing Itsy Bitsy Spider

Micah Kormylo said...

I love rain too!

There is nothing sweeter than watching a Daddy with his baby. Kids seem to have this sweet, like no other, bond with their fathers. For me, it makes me fall in love with my husband over and over again.