Monday, April 20, 2009

Update part 2

Just to finish off with some additional thoughts from the last post.

I have been cooking unique food lately. And I am so happy that my guinea pigs (Brian and Suzie) are enjoying the recipes. I have made spring rolls and chili verde and my own take on a chicken pot pie. They have turned out sooo delicious. I am most proud of the chili verde. I have wanted to learn how to make it for so long. I was talking to Brian about one day while walking around Wal-
Mart and he got on his phone and found me a recipe. Then we added stuff to the cart. Just that easy. Silly I know that I made it out to be such a big deal. Sometimes internet accessible cell phones do have there advantages. :)

Last Friday we all went to the handicapped mutual's annual play at Layton High. It was called "The Importance of Bean Earnest" or "You don't know beans". Once again, like always, it was such a delight to see the program and interact with the performers. At first Aidan was confused. Then about half way through I could feel him relaxing in my arms. Then, with about three songs until the end, Aidan started clapping and singing and dancing....so adorable. I remember to going to these plays when Grandpa Bob was involved with the mutual. I remember going to support Kellie's girls (they were in it again this year...and they did awesome!), and I will continue going just because I enjoy the roar of the crowd, the excitement of the audience and performers and especially because I feel that I have gotten to know some of the actors...and I am truly part of there fan base. Let's talk about who I am a fan of....Diedre...always so wonderful performing. The booty shaker. Every year this one performer gets on stage and shakes her tail feather like a maniac. I get so giggly to see her get ready to do it. Jeff W. , the show stopper or stealer. He is the most adorable. He is truly a one man show! And then comes "Push Up Man". Every year during one of the songs, this man starts doing push ups. He is amazing. And he really works with the crowd. He always ends in a body builder stance. So wonderful!

I think that just about covers everything that I am allowed to talk about....

1 comment:

Debbie Burns said...

I love that you are so adventurous in the kitchen! I only cook what I know... someday I hope to be like you! I think Joe would enjoy the new dishes, hehe.