Sunday, February 8, 2009

Aidan's big day..

Aidan's first birthday was on Saturday February 7. I didn't cry. But all last week I was very reflective and pensive. I so can't believe that a full year has past! Good grief!!! it went by fast!

On Friday I made a bunch of cupcakes and then I fashioned a much bigger cupcake for my birthday boy. Later that night Suzie and I frosted and put sprinkles on them. I did cupcakes because I thought it would be fun for all of the little kids that we invited. But it turned out amazing. I have never enjoyed cutting the cake, and pre-made portions made it so much easier to serve.

On Saturday morning Brian and I put up a happy birthday banner. Then Aidan anxiously awaited his friends. People started coming over about 130PM. The party was scheduled to start at 2PM. Aidan had lots of family and friends come and visit. Aidan loved it when we sang to him. I have been singing happy birthday to him for about a month now, I wanted him to be familiar with the song and get excited. He loved it. He is such a cute little ham. He got excited, ran in a circle, then he clapped and smiled, then in the middle he acted all shy and then he giggled and clapped again. So adorable! He enjoyed opening up his presents. He received so many wonderful things. I can' t begin to name them! But we would like to take a moment and say thank to everyone who came.

Then it was time for cake and ice cream. Yummy! Aidan loved his cupcake. He enjoyed it so much that I had to give him a bath immediately. Then everything started to wind down about 4PM. And Aidan passed out shortly after that. What a long and wonderful day.

Thanks again to the Mizell's, Larson's, Lincoln's, Bovee's, Bennett's, Armga's, Arnold's, McFadden's, Cunningham's, Suzie, Jeremy, Katelyn, Great Grandma Wilson, Grandparents Armga and Larson, Great Grandparents Arnold, Hughes' and all the others who made Aidan's first birthday spectacular...we love you all so much!

1 comment:

Don Woods said...

He is so cute and so big. I am so bumbed we couldn't be there. It makes me even more excited for Liam's big day in two weeks.