Monday, April 18, 2011

Five days of Goodbyes

Today we were called at noon by my grandparents and asked to meet them for lunch at the Star Cafe. Let's be honest. The Star doesn't serve the world's best food or anything like that. But do you remember the television show "Cheers"? Do you remember their theme song? The part where it talks about "where you wanna go where everyone knows your name." That is how it is at the Star for me, Aidan and my grandparents. Do I think I go there that often? No. But the grandparents do and they talk about us and the waitresses know them and so they know us. All the waitresses love on Aidan and tease him and know to get him his little coke. He loves the attention. All the waitresses know about the babies and our moving and are so sweet.

So today I want to bid a farewell to two different things. One the Star Cafe. Where the food is adequate but the friendliness of the staff is awesome. And to my grandparents because I will miss visits with them. I will miss their phone calls where they say "let's go" or "come over and visit" or "bring me my Aidan" or my all time favorite phone call "did I wake you up?" followed by "I just wanted to see what you were doing and if you were awake."

No comments: