Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One heartbeat will suffice...

So today we had our fourth doctor's office visit since February 7. Crazy! I feel like I live there. But one perk is that the receptionist is aware of who we are when we walk into the office and asks "how are you today? has anything changed in your contact information? have a seat."

Today's doctor's appointment was incredibly quick and probably not worth the hassle, but I know nothing and if the doctor says its important then so be it. They took my blood pressure and weight. My blood pressure was 112/79, a little high for me but it in the okay range. My weight has gone down by another pound according to their scale. But compared to what I saw on our scale last Wednesday I have gained two pounds. Still a loss in the doctor's eyes are far more important. I also peed in a cup. All my levels are fine. What they check for I still don't know. But if it is good, great.

Once we saw the doctor he quickly checked for heartbeats. He only found one today but it was 174, good and strong. I keep asking if I need to be worried. He says no. I feel like if I have three babies inside me, we should check all three heartbeats to ensure healthy babies. He says it is nearly impossible. "Don't worry Katie. I will tell you when you need to be concerned or scared or stressed. Do you have any reason to believe something happened to the other babies?" Well no. "Then your fine!" I love that my doctor can see right into my head and say exactly what I need to hear.

Next week we meet with a Dr. Silver. He is a peranatologist specializing in multiple births out of the U of U. Dr. Hughes, our OB, has mentioned that he will do a pretty in depth get to know me and the babies visit/ultrasound. I am excited. We haven't seen the babies in four weeks and never got any pictures, so pictures would be fabulous. I also have this hope that he will be able to tell us what some of the genders are on the babies. Doubtful I know, especially since we will only be 14 weeks along, but a girl can hope right?

A big thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for coming with me to my visit. Brian had to go to a training shift for a new position available at his work. Grandma came in and heard the baby with me and grandpa played with Aidan in the waiting room. I have pretty amazing grandparents. I have know idea what I would do with out them...good think I don't have to imagine!

1 comment:

Steven and Megan said...

I am glad you and the babies are being well taken care of :)